Friday, November 11, 2011

Spinach for breakfast....but not as you suppose....

Yes, I had spinach for breakfast.


I have learned from a friend to put a (large) handful of spinach in my fruit smoothies in the mornings...so I get an extra serving of vegetables--and I don't even taste it!

Here's how it goes:
In a blender: one banana, plain yogurt if I have some, whatever frozen fruit happens to be on sale, and therefore in my fridge (I've done mixed berries, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, or a combination of any of the above). Toss in the handful of fresh spinach, add a few ice cubes, and cover all that with coconut milk.


My blender has a neat little "drink" option button...so I push that, and presto! An awesome breakfast creation, if I do say so myself :)

Sorry, no picture of the final product (yet!)...I was too busy slurping it down that I forgot to take a picture.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment