Friday, February 10, 2012

Chai Breakfast Cookies - revised


Yes, I know that I just posted this recipe...but I had to post another.



When I made this one, I had substituted several ingredients, because I was out of what was called for. I also doubled the ginger, because I noticed on my favorite chai tea, the first ingredient was ginger--thus, more ginger.

But the last and most important reason that I had to re-post? When my sister tasted these, she said, "Yum! These taste like chai!"
Oh, yes....that's what I like to hear!

So, the revised version is exactly the same method as my original post, but here is the altered ingredient list:

Dry:
2.5 oz. sunflower seeds (I used shelled and salted; if you use raw seeds, add 1/2 t. salt to recipe)
2 oz. unsweetened, shredded coconut
2 oz. almond flour
1 oz. almond butter
4.5 oz chopped walnuts (or other nuts, unsalted)
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. cardamom
1 t. nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice or cloves
1 t. ginger

Wet:
4 oz. honey
2 oz. (about 10) dried dates, chopped
2 t. vanilla
1 oz. water

Have fun! Hope you enjoy these!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment