Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sharing the wealth...

Sorry, I never got around to writing a Mother's Day blog post...Although I read some very inspirational ones (food blogs and not). Here are a few of my favorites that I thought I'd share:

Mother's Day recipes - at Simply Sugar and Gluten FreeChocolate Truffles, and reflections on motherhood - at Against All Grain
Various, beautiful Mother's Day posts, all this week - at A Holy Experience

Also, for this post, I decided to give a shout-out to some of my favorite blogs currently (I'll have to do another post to cover them all!). Many of the recipes I've been baking the last week or so have come straight from these blog posts. Although I did some occasional substitutions, most of them are directly from the original sources.

These bloggers amaze me; being new to the blog world, I can see I have a long way to go! But I have learned a lot nonetheless. I love reading these ladies' stories and seeing their beautiful photography. And I know there's probably even more out there that I haven't seen yet! I have enjoyed these so much, and I hope you do, too!

Whole Grain Strawberry Muffins - from Gluten Free Goddess
I love the taste of the fresh strawberries in these muffins, and besides that, they're so pretty! Perfect for any brunch or even "everyday" celebrations :) I used teff flour instead of millet, and coconut palm sugar instead of brown sugar.


Crockpot Pulled Barbeque Chicken - from Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
I made this twice this week (don't you love the crockpot?!); once was for a friend who'd just had surgery. I brought all the "fixin's" for soft tacos (yes, I admit, I bought regular, soft flour tortillas with white flour, since this friend is not GF): with sour cream, shredded cheese, and of course salsa :) I also love this as a type of "brisket" with my scrambled eggs (and more salsa!), wrapped in these basic savory crepes...yummy!


Almond Flour Waffles with Orange Honey Syrup - from Roost
I just discovered this blog, thanks to a plug in a recent post from Shauna at Gluten Free Girl...Her photographs are stunning, and it just makes you want to eat the food right out of the pictures! My dad said that these waffles were one of his favorite things from all the GF recipes that I've made so far (and my dad's picky about his waffles!)

I hope these recipes inspire you....maybe to get into the kitchen and experiment, or maybe to make an "ordinary" day into a little bit "extraordinary"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment