Friday, November 2, 2012

Gluten-Free Banana Bread

I am extremely proud of this bread!
This weekend, I brought my ingredients and made some at my parent's house (keeping in mind that the rest of my family is not always as enthusiastic about my food as I am), and my mom liked it!! This bread is very moist, and reminds me of my aunt's recipe that we made at my house growing up.

Gluten-Free Banana Bread
4 oz. whole grain flour blend 
4 oz. almond flour
4 oz. coconut palm sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
0.7 oz. psyllium husk powder
2 eggs
1.3 oz. grapeseed oil
8 oz. almond milk
.5 oz. vanilla
2 ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork. Add the rest of the wet ingredients in the medium-sized bowl, and combine with a spatula. Whisk the mixture to get rid of any large lumps. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk well till smooth. 

Grease a loaf pan with olive oil. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan (mine goes to about 2/3 full). Bake in pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. I covered mine with aluminum foil after the first 20 minutes, to keep it from browning further on the top.

Let the bread cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Then slice and serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment