Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lifting my eyes

This week, I have been reading some amazing posts by Christine over at Grace Covers Me about hospitality. This is a subject that is close to my heart, and something that I'm still learning and practicing. Please read the posts on this website...they will inspire you toward the true heart of hospitality.

Today, there is a link-up blog party going on, hosted by Christine, with all sorts of ideas regarding hospitality--lots of ideas, tips, stories, and of course, recipes! Here's the link to go check out the other fantastic blogs...This is just my one small part ~

The greatest thing that I've learned about inviting people into my home has been this: Just do it! Even if my house isn't perfectly clean, I'm learning to keep my heart and life open to others. Willing to take a breath, and sit face to face with a friend (or someone who will soon become a friend), and ask, "How are you?" And then listen to the response.

Not only does it bless the other person; it also blesses me. And lifts my eyes to see that there are other things going on that are bigger than me.
Another great thing that I've learned about hospitality is: keep it simple. This has already been beautifully written about here, so I won't repeat it. (But you might want to stop for a moment and read it!)

As my part of this link-up, I wanted to share some of my favorite, simple recipes for when people come over :)

Green Bell Pepper Casserole
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Banana Bread
Scottish Shortbread

So now, go read the other posts, enjoy, and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment