Friday, November 2, 2012

pumpkin pancakes

I am long overdue for a blog!
This one's actually been sitting in my post list for a while, but I debated posting another pumpkin recipe! But I've made these so often in the last couple of weeks (and plan on making them for breakfast in the morning), that I truly think they are worth sharing. My sister says these taste like fall :)

Pumpkin Pancakes

4 oz. whole grain gf flour blend
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
pinch of allspice and ginger
1 oz. coconut palm sugar
3.5 oz pumpkin (I used canned)
1 egg
8 oz. almond milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1 oz. grapeseed oil

Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Pour batter on preheated skillet (medium low heat) in desired pancake sizes (I make small-ish pancakes). Cook until the batter is bubbly and the edges begin to look dry. Flip over and cook for about 1 more minute. Repeat with remaining batter.

Enjoy!

Makes about 12-14 small pancakes.
Shared on Gluten Free Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Wow these look great! I love anything/everything pumpkin :)
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Dana--especially this time of the year! :)

      Delete
  2. A suggestion that my dad (not GF) made for these was to add some 'binder'...so if you make these, you may could try adding 1/2 oz of psyllium husk powder to them if you want. I haven't tried it with the pancakes, because I was happy with these, but I don't think it would change the texture much, and it may help...just a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin! These look great!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) We had 101 awesome recipes! What a great resource we are creating!! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    The winner of the Domata prize pack will be announced Thursday at the party!

    ReplyDelete