Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Show Hope

On this day before Thanksgiving, I thought that I would share a blog post with you that touched my heart. It is from Show Hope, an adoption- and foster care-aid organization started by the Christian music artist Steven Curtis Chapman, and his wife Mary Beth.
Around this time of year, one of the things that I look forward to the most is spending time with my family. As I read this blog post this week, I was struck by the fact that there are so many kids out there that don't have a family to celebrate the holidays with (if you know me, you know this is a subject close to my heart). So it makes me extra-thankful that I am able to enjoy the loving family that I do have. It also makes me feel compelled to speak out for those who have no one to care for them.
Show Hope supporters assist in giving adoption aid grants to families who may not otherwise be able to adopt (internationally and domestically). Show Hope also helps with orphan care ministries in the U.S., as well as in China. The Chapmans started Maria's Big House of Hope (MBHOH) in China, as a special care facility for orphans with medical needs; it was named in loving memory of their youngest daughter, Maria (go to their website--here--for more information on this).

This week a blog post was written about the preschoolers at MBHOH, and how they love experimenting in the kitchen. They asked for readers to post simple, yummy recipes that are kid-friendly, to help give ideas for the nannies who take care of the kids. I shared an adaption of my recipe for one-bowl blueberry muffins. If you are reading this, and have any easy recipes that kids love to make and eat, please feel free to share it on the blog.
This Thanksgiving, I hope that you enjoy the blessings of the family and friends that you have around you this holiday season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment